Frequently Asked Questions



Over 15,000 courses are available for international students. The popular study areas are in Engineering, Pharmaceuticals, Applied Sciences, Healthcare, Design, Hospitality, Business Management and Information Technology & Computer Sciences. It is important to choose a program by researching on its relevance to your current studies, emerging technologies as well as future professional prospects.
The common entry requirements are: Previous academic qualification, English language proficiency and Relevant work experience. Some specialized technical programs may need students to clear Entrance Tests like GMAT, GRE, SAT, etc. The requirements may differ from country to country and from course to course. Shree Hari Consultants provides guidance in choosing the best program as per student’s profile and interest.
International students from non-English speaking countries needs to demonstrate English language proficiency. Some countries and academic institutions may allow relaxations based on certain criteria like English subject scores in Higher Secondary exam and/or Medium of Instruction (MOI) in undergraduate studies. However, it is highly recommended to have a valid English language proficiency score. Some of the accepted tests are; IELTS, IELTS-UKVI, TOEFL, PTE and Duolingo. Please check with our counsellors for applicability as per your case.
Scholarships are a great way to bring down the tuition fee costs but it is highly competitive. Many overseas institutions provide upfront scholarships to meritorious students. However, certain prestigious scholarships may require international students to fulfil the eligibility criteria like previous academic scores, entrance tests, interviews, extracurricular activities and study program & level. Some major scholarship types are: University/College Scholarship, Government-funded scholarship, Fee waivers, Private-funded scholarships/grants, Merit Scholarships, etc. Qualifying students may also fund their studies by availing bursaries, fellowships and research & teaching assistantships.
International students have on-campus student stay option at university while off-campus living options can be in the form of Home-stays, rented apartments, student hostels or sharing accommodation. The choices depend on budget, lifestyle, available transport facilities and distance of accommodation from university and work place.
Part-time work is a great opportunity to cover some living cost and to get valuable practical working experience in an overseas country. International students enrolled in full-time programs in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and UK are allowed to work part-time during their study sessions. 20 hours per week/ 40 hours per fortnight during study sessions is generally the norm while they can work full time in semester breaks and vacations. Working restrictions or relaxation may differ in various countries as per study programs and levels.
It is very important to plan your visa application process well in advance in-line with the course start date. If application is done too late or without sufficient buffer time, the processing may take long time due to huge number of applications rush at visa offices or visa office may have query in your application which may take time to resolve. You may miss your course start date because of these delays. It is therefore advisable to prepare the visa documentation at-least 6-8 weeks before your course commencement and secure the appointment.
Upon completing their study, international students are generally allowed to apply for post-study work visa or temporary resident visa depending the course, course length and country. The current visa duration in some countries are: Australia (2 to 4 years); Canada (1 to 3 years), New Zealand (1 to 2 years); UK (1 to 2 years). Our counsellors will be happy to advise you the options applicable as per your profile.


You may send your queries to us and we will revert with the reply